Falcon's Krag [Science Fiction | Pulp Storytelling | Independent Publishing | Ebooks!]

image host
Among bright stars, I'm lost.

Hub, for Roadrunner Books, and blog of author Rodney C. Johnson. Mostly talking about Science Fiction, and Independent Publishing.

| ON SMASHWORDS |

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2021 9:52 pm  #1

Of Blades and Writing

https://images2.imgbox.com/f6/bf/VR2Usfc6_o.jpg

I like swords and of course blades play a role in my stories. I now have every blade or its nearest to reality replica as it appears within The Federal Galactic Empire Series, in my possession.

Sometimes, its just useful to be able to hold a thing in your hand.

These blades are:

Combat Commander Spartan Sword - 1065 Carbon Steel by United Cutlery [BUDK]. This blade is meant to be the uniform blade holstered by Iron Cavaliers, the Galactic Empress's personal guard.

United Cutlery Combat Commander Full Tang Gladiator. This is meant to be the companion blade to The Phoenix's lance. More or less a backup blade.

Oh and I got the K EXCLUSIVE 300 Spartan Warrior Replica Sword. Just because. Its the same shape as the Combat Commander Spartan Sword, though, a tad bit bigger. This blade is a solid chunk and a monster!

Gallery of Stock Photos.

3/04/2021 12:33 am  #2

Re: Of Blades and Writing

Very cool!

3/04/2021 2:10 am  #3

jo wrote:

Very cool!

Thanks!

Welcome, to the site!

5/05/2021 3:18 pm  #4

RonaldNeunk wrote:

The trouble with all these helpful books and treatises and how-tos, is that the more of them you read, the less time you have to sit down and WRITE something They become a crutch and an excuse for not writing, because you have to read and absorb all this advice first.

I avoid writing "how-to" books and blogs for that very reason. Always of the mindset you cannot really "teach storytelling".

Basic grammar, sure but not how to tell a story.

Board footera