Falcon's Krag [Science Fiction | Pulp Storytelling | Independent Publishing | Ebooks!]

Hub, for Roadrunner Books, and blog of author Rodney C. Johnson. Mostly talking about Science Fiction, and Independent Publishing.

| ON SMASHWORDS |

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/18/2020 5:20 am  #1

Of The Book of Boba Fett and Deep Fake Luke Skywalker

https://images2.imgbox.com/21/1d/K2Z23xYI_o.jpg

The Mandalorian Chapter 16 - The Rescue
Every time I think I'm out, and done, this show pulls me back in.

Yes I have a love/hate thing for The Manalorian, since I think in the grander scheme of things Disney is cheating me, and all roads lead to a coward Luke Skywalker and an undoing of the Original Trilogy by Kathleen Kennedy.

Since that is what the Disney's Sequels are, an undoing of any gains made in those three films.

And then episodes like this take place. But it must be clear, The Manalorian is only interesting because of its guest stars. That's a narrative problem.

So Boba Fett is now Tatooine Crime lord? Seems so.

If Disney can own your likeness and simple use it at any stage in one's career - I think there might be a problem. In some ways a clean recast is more honest.

I wasn't clear if Mark Hamill had been recast, or if it was CGI of some sort. Research tells me the Luke Skywalker in this episode is a CGI Deep Fake. Its actually better than what appeared in "The Last Jedi". 

I'll admit, seeing a bad ass Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, was awesome and we should have gotten more of this and no soy milk from the Disney Sequels.

I enjoyed the episode, and yet it also left me feeling uneasy the second I began to think on it too closely.

Board footera